a) Clinical Nephrology: A leading centre for the management of all renal problems. State-of-the-art facilities for renal pathology, with complete biochemical, immunological, microbiological and histological (including immunoflorescence and immuno-histo-chemistry) - back up available under one roof.
Angiographic, genetic and HLA studies are available in-house for organ transplantation & diagnosis of other diseases.Dialysis: It is one of the finest centres in India to provide maintenance haemodialysis facilities to the patients of chronic renal failure.
b) Dialysis Unit
- Latest generation, fully computerised bicarbonate haemodialysis machines with volumetric ultrafiltration and adjustable sodium facility, provide better patient safety profile.
- First centre in north India to provide R.O. (Reverse Osmosis) water for the dialysis, to ensure patient safety and prevent long term complications on haemodialysis.
- We are first to have world's best, state-of-the-art computerized dialyzer re-use system in North India which ensures safety & adequacy of dialysis and also economise dialysis for the patient.
- Facility for continuous monitoring of sick patient on dialysis through highly sophisticated monitors throughout the dialytic procedure is available.
- Heat-clean disinfection of haemodialysis machines after every shift is practiced for patient safety.
- Regular dialysis facilities are available in the centre from 7.00 AM to 12 midnight , besides emergency dialysis round the clock.
- More than 600 haemodialyses are performed per month (four dialysis shifts of 4 hrs) by highly trained technical and nursing staff under supervision of two dialysis medical officers under the overall supervision and guidance of consultants round the clock is available.
c) Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy
One of the few centres in India to provide highly sophisticated dialysis for critically ill patients in ICU / ICCU with multi-organ failure, where peritoneal or routine haemodialysis are not possible for various reasons.
Various procedures done with this technique are:-
- SCUF (Slow Continuous Ultrafiltration)
- CVVH (Continuous Veno-Venous hemofiltration)
- CVVHD (Continuous Veno-Venous haemodialysis)
- CVVHDF (Continuous Veno-Venous hemodiafiltration)
d) Plasmapheresis & Plasma Exchange
These facilities of Plasmapheresis & Therapeutic Plasma Exchange (TPE) are available for renal and non-renal patients such as LGB syndrome and myasthenia gravis.
Chronic Peritoneal Dialysis / Automated Peritoneal Dialysis: One of the leading centers in India to provide continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD) for patients of CRF, who are otherwise not suitable for kidney transplant or maintenance haemodialysis. CAPD is also suitable for patients who are living in far flung areas where facility of haemodialysis is not available. We have the largest number of patients having been initiated and surviving on CAPD in the country. Our centre has one of the largest series of patients on automated peritoneal dialysis.
We have one of the largest experiences in India of having done CABG (Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery) in patients with advanced chronic renal failure under cover of CAPD.
e) Renal Transplantation
This is one of the leading renal transplant centers in India , with results comparable to the best centers in the world. Ours is the leading centre for laparoscopic donor nephrectomy in India having done more than 100 laparoscopic nephrectomies. A state-of-the-art transplant unit for immediate post transplant case and subsequent management has been specially built.
f) Vascular Access for Haemodialysis
- This centre has been pioneer in making A.V. Fistula and A.V. Shunts for use in haemodialysis. This centre is the nursery for training people from Delhi and neighboring states in the art of making vascular access. Having performed a few thousand successful surgeries, this unit is among the centres with largest experience in vascular access surgery anywhere in the world.